• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Departure Convoy(S)

Bronzewyrm

NAXJA Forum User
well its getting close to D-day. the event starts Friday. years past we have head out on either wed or Thursday. id like to leave Wednesday morning. get there during the day. set camp search for fire wood and chill. Thursday to check on trail conditions etc.

so who is leaving from where, on what days/times I alwase like traveling in groups. seems to make things go better :dunno:. post up maby we can convoy a group or two up.

Bronze.

Thursday Mid-Afternoon For Me. (no "official" time set)
I'll most likely be convoying up with AwesomeXJ and Bri&BubOffroad.

We're working on a plan to leave sooner, we'll know more as the days go on... it would be cool to get a good convoy of us going up there, the more the merrier,
....but no pee breaks! :nono:
You get yourself a collection of trucker-bombs going like everyone else!

But in all seriousness, ultimately I would like to be rolling into camp about 6 or so.... not much later.... I want the opportunity to set up camp at a leisurely pace, and have time to organize things and chill/hangout a bit before calling it a night.

Jeepboy381 and I will be living Thursday afternoon and have been there before. Anyone who would like can travel in our caravan. We're not that fast driving and will make stops and may be getting last bit of gear on the way up I'm sure. Pm me or jeeyboy381 for time and place.

This is the route we will be taking.
http://goo.gl/maps/Vso1l
here are directions via ggogle maps from Portland OR to the camp ground.

Merge onto I-405 N
About 1 min
go 1.2 mi
total 1.8 mi

Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Interstate 5 N/Seattle and merge onto I-5 N
Entering Washington
About 1 hour 7 mins
go 73.7 mi
total 75.5 mi

Take exit 68 for US-12 E toward Morton/Yakima
go 0.3 mi
total 75.8 mi

Turn right onto US-12 E
About 2 hours 13 mins
go 118 mi
total 194 mi

Turn left onto WA-410 W
About 34 mins
go 24.2 mi
total 219 mi

Turn right onto Little Naches Rd/NF-19
Continue to follow NF-19
About 5 mins
go 1.8 mi
total 220 mi

Continue onto NF-70
About 2 mins
go 0.9 mi
total 221 mi

Turn left onto NF-1902
About 2 mins

here is a map from where you turn off of 410.

nachescampgroundmap_zps65aacbf8.png
[/URL][/IMG]

See you all on Thur. :party:

Last edited:
Back