• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front end issues.

its840

NAXJA Forum User
my 95ish 4wd.
i have a rough country 3" lift on it now.
my track bar is shot and mount is shot.
i was looking into rustys hd trackbar with mount.
just hear mixed reviews.

another issue is the lower control arms.
it has extended LCA on it now..
the right side has about 5* of shims to try and help camber.

so I wasnt sure if adjustable LCA or adjustable mounts might
be a little better.

so what is your question?

I would recomend staying away from rustys trackbar options.

IRO trackbar/mount is about 200$ shipped. Good quality.
Stay away from Rusty's and RC trackbars. You would be better off with LEGO built one.
Best way to see/adjust your align. is to get it on a rack and do it, if you do not have access take it to a shop. ~50$ should get you a 2 wheel align.

Not all vehicles are made equal. I have always had more shims on the pass side with stock short arm setup.
Adjustable arms make it a lot easier. If you can, do adj upper and lowers. If not, and you are running stock uppers, get a pair of adjustable uppers and get it aligned.
You can set toe fairily easy. front supposed to be 1/16-1/8 in max.

yea stock uppers.. extended lowers.
so adjustable uppers and align. sounds good..

sears here has a 3 yr unlimited alignment for 129$ (think that was the price)
they hate it when you bring in all kinds of adjustable parts!!

thanks agian!

I would do your trackbar and set toe in first. make sure all steering tie rod ends are good. make sure all control arm bushings are good. you should be ok in the caster department with only 3" lift and longer lowers.

after that, then consider getting adjustable uppers, which you would want to adjsut shorter than your stock uppers to get more caster.

now that I think about it , caster should be fine at 3" with stock uppers, but also check your ball joints as well if you have sloppy steering.

Last edited:
Back