• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snorkle

Hello all,

Long time wrencher, first time XJ'r. Im in SW Florida right next to the Everglades. I NEED a snorkel, especially during the rainy season. I want a real snorkle like the ARBs or Safarilands but I also want to delete the stock air box. I DO NOT want an in cowl snorkel. I want to run a dual battery but don't want it inside the cab. It's my DD so I need it to be solid and look decent? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! Also, this is my first XJ forum.....be gentle.:confused:

1996 XJ Country 4.0, AW4, MP231, 3in Rough Country Lift, 31in Sailun Terramax on Crager Soft15x8's​

you can cut a hole for a snorkel... I wouldn't cut a hole in the uniframe rails...

why not just get an ARB snorkel.. seems like a simple solution.

why not just get an ARB snorkel.. seems like a simple solution.

OP states that he wishes to run dual batts and a snorkel.

As far as I have seen, the most viable solution (on paper at least) would be to run a snorkel for a diesel XJ (which mounts to the passenger side) with an inline cannister filter.

The most easily available diesel snorkel is made by Airflow and based on what would seem to be consensus, the best option for an in-line cannister filter would be Spectre.

Thanks alot! I fount this wright up. Does anybody see anything that makes them think this will not work???? I don't think I'll even have to cut into the air plenum like they did???

http://jeep-xj.info/HowtoDieselSnorkel1.htm
HowtoDieselSnorkel1.htm

newreply.php

Holy s***! For $350 plus and then the $100 plus for the Spectre...nevermind. Maybe I can find a China-com knock off???? Mabe even a mushroom top canister off of a small diesel truck and run it through the air plenum from the outside, then plumb it exiting through the plenum in the engine bay and to the intake?????:idea:

I pointed the OP to XJTRAILRIDER's thread immediately... ...but pictures do speak louder than links, it seems! That's a nice set up, XJTRAILRIDER, good work.

I'm running Safari snorkel and saved my engine several times. The only problem I've found is I needed to move the washer bottle and don't have too much (if any) free space. Right now I have a Coke bottle with water+soup to clean my windshield :) :)

Back