• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6.5" lift with 35's

JAlVl3Z

NAXJA Forum User
Just finished installing my rough country long arm kit with 35" cooper discoverer tires. I'll get some off-road time in shortly and post a review.

Next project is a multi camera setup underneath.... having trouble finding a way to get the video into my android tablet.

photo2_zps8851330d.jpg

:confused:

This is not tech. Got anything cool to add to this?

Nice.

Well here are some questions.

1. What gears would be best. 4.88? I do get some highway time so ide like to be able to get up to 70 comfortably. Most of my wheeling is uphill colorado trails.

2. What can I expect to replace over time? I've done my sye and rear ds.

3. Frame stiffs a must?

1. Id say go 488s if you have an auto trans, 4.56 if you have a manual.

2. Expect to break u joints, possibly shafts, and steering on those 35s.

3. Id say yes, but others will argue that they arent necessary.
If you plan on keeping the rig long term then plate the frame..

If I were you id start looking at beefing the axles and getting some better steering.

Mid stiffeners at least, sturdy bumpers front and rear also help as well as add recovery points. Steering box brace is nice, along with outer and inner tie in plates. 5-760x u joints with shafts ground to fit full circle c clips, chromos really recommended. At minimum a HD tie rod for steering..

Napier pecision products v2 fender flares.

Got another question fot you guys.

My passenger side sway bar disconnect is a huge pain to slip on and off. Spit and a few whacks do it. I adjusted the jam nut quite a bit but still a pain. Something im missing?

steering would be my main concern. the toothpick TRE and 35s is asking for trouble. you can do a zj swap for around $100 with new parts, or you can go aftermarket.

the mid stiffs are a good idea, you have some bracing from your xmember already. reinforce that gear box asap too. even a cheap rustys brace will help, for around $70.

Nice jeep btw.

Back