• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Incredibly aggravating trans mount problems

h20pumper

NAXJA Forum User
So I have a 2000 cherokee I recently bought off a buddy. Or the weekend I welded on some tnt frame stiffeners.
I had to remove the transmission crossmember. In doing so I broke a bolt off the trans mount. It is difficult to find the right part but with an amazon prime account you can get parts for crazy cheap.
So i ordered the part for a 2000 xj transmisson. Not the right part, will send it back. autoparts store wants 100, amazon $30.
The part in the right height but offset. Next I see they sell daystar, so i crossrefence daystar website and order a KJ01010BK. This part is centered properly, but not tall enough. The other daystar part I see listed looks like the right height, but the picture shows it offset. What frigging part do I need?

IIRC 2001 had offset mount, 2000 could be either. If you need non-offset, check for 1999 mount.
I think that user FaultyLine went through this recently, you may want to check SoCal chapter for this. Not sure which he required.
If you are willing, I believe that you can redrill it to work. But, amazon will refund so no worries there I guess.

Back