• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gas tank removal

heshhash

NAXJA Forum User
in order to pull my gas tank, do i need to pull the receiver hitch? it looks like it may or may not interfere with removing the filler tube. i know i cant fully remove the filler tube access cover, but it does bend down out of the way. i really need to get this tank out soon, im sick of only being able to put 10 gallons of gas in at a time.

in order to pull my gas tank, do i need to pull the receiver hitch? it looks like it may or may not interfere with removing the filler tube. i know i cant fully remove the filler tube access cover, but it does bend down out of the way. i really need to get this tank out soon, im sick of only being able to put 10 gallons of gas in at a time.

Some aftermarket hitches are different but my answer would be yes. I would take the bumper off as well, makes getting the hitch off easier. If your tank is almost empty its fairly easy to handle by yourself. I use a floor jack and a piece of plywood.

Back