• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which frame stiffeners fit with Clayton's long arm kit?

gbackus

NAXJA Forum User
I tried searching but couldn't find an exact answer. I'll be running Clayton's long arm kit, possible upgrading to their rear 4 link in the future. I want to get my frame stiffeners on first, however I'm not sure which ones will fit, if any at all. Anyone running frame stiffeners with Clayton's kit?

My truck is being built right now with ruff stuff stiffeners and a clayton pro series crossmember. The only modification required was to the support bracket for the upper link mount. If you are running the radius arm kit it shouldn't need any mod.

Matt

Any of them should work, most I have seen with Clayton kit is Ruffstuff stiffies.
Clayton recommends welding the plates as well as bolt anyways. The 1/8-3/16 is not going to make much of a difference.

Yeah I have the Clayton radius arm kit and Ruffstuff stiffeners. I didn't have any issues with them fitting. The Ruffstuff stiffeners extend past the stock LCA mount, which is nice, especially if yours is already cut off.

Again? We just had this exact question asked a few weeks ago.
I have a Clayton's three link sitting on top of ruffstuff stiffeners. Works great.
searching also works great :)

Back