• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear frame damage- Bit hit

CameronB

NAXJA Forum User
Running an early Trailready rear bumper with factory '95 gas tank skid and extra bracing inside of rear frame rail for rear bumper. Took a VERY hard hit (20mph?) to rear driver side bumper (rock wall) and taco'd the whole jeep a bit. The main damage is to the frame right in front of the the gas tank skid/bumper mounting strip.

My frame was folded over itself there, and so I pulled it out (stump, chain...) so I could open my doors etc. Doing so opened a nice tear that needs to be fixed.

I still need to pull the frame out a little more and once complete, to properly fix this, I was thinking to install frame stiffeners along the my frame rails, front to back (focusing on the the rear obviously.) Searching shows that HD and Roc Dog offer full length stiffeners, but they're only an outer plate.

Any advice?

'95xj d30/8.8' 4.88s, lockers, 37" km2s, RE DBs, 5.5", 4-bolt YJ box w/TnT kit going on very soon (my box is shot) No sliders yet, planning a mild boat-side to the door bottoms.

We need pics of damage to help yah out... The "frame" on an XJ isn't much of a frame to begin with. Sounds like you are thinking bout building a good rig by what you say your plans are. If damage to bad might be time to go for a trail rig only, ie no street duty.

Took some pics today, but the 'posting rules' at bottom left say that 'I may not post attachments.'

This is my first time trying, but I've been on here forever. Someone steer me as to what to do?

Thanks

Back