• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vibration issues

levi11

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 XJ, Auto AW4, 231 T-case,Chrysler 8.25. Right now completely stock. I've been experiencing vibes at highway speeds around 70+. I had the front driveshaft rebalanced, all four tires balanced twice. Next may try removing the rear driveshaft. My question is can you drive with the rear driveshaft removed? Does fluid leak out of the transfer case when the driveshaft is removed? That is my Main question. One more question, my steering wheel shakes slightly around 60mph and disappears as I speed up. No death wobble or anything like that. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Carefully check your tires, wheels, brake rotors and drums. Put it on jack stands and let it run in gear to see if there is any whoble. Have you checked the allignment? It is a jeep and will make noises and vibes especially if you use it off road.

Back