• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ahh it keeps shocking me!

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Lol so I've noticed that after driving in my jeep for a bit, as I get out, ill get shocked?!? Some times small some times big. It's always when I putting hand on my door is where I get shocked. I can't figure out exactly where this static electricity is coming from? Is this a bad grounds scenario or something worse? It's a 97' jeep chero with the 4.0L i don't know electronics well so this has me stumped.

denim pants on the seats... mine does it too. if I wear a polyester mix like my work uni's, it won't do it.

So its not a bad ground, I'm not going to die in a electrical fiery death? Lol I just wanted to make sure this wasn't some strange electrical problem lol -_-

Nearly every vehicle I drive that has fabric seats I get shocked when getting out of. One of the reasons I have leather seats in my XJ and ZJ.

I do remember something that it has to do with the tires, but I can't remember the exact details.

Static Guard anti-static spray--Walmart, etc., most likely in the laundry aisle.

If it's a static electricity kind of shock, I'd agree with the guys above. If it's real bad... well then you've got other issues.

FYI, this is why people say to take care at the gas pump. Jump out of the car, then touch it before grabbing the gas pump handle.

You ever see the trucks that look like they have a piece of rubber dragging under thier truck. Well it's just that. A piece of heavy(like truckers mud flap material) rubber attached undernieth to the frame or body. It cuts down if not eliminates that static.

You can also try this..... When you go to step out of the jeep.. Grab the metal on the door then step on the ground with out letting go of the door. After you are out you can let go of the metal. Should get no shock doing it that way.

I Dont Have This Issue With The Jeep, Windows Always Open So Im Usually Holding The Window Frame When I Get Out. My Tahoe On The Other Hand Is The Evil Static monster

Back