• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

just in time for summer...

jmeti000

NAXJA Forum User
Went for a drive today and noticed a hissing from under the dash where my evaporator core is located and the compressor wouldnt stop running except for a couple of times. The hissing takes a couple of seconds to go away after the ac is turned off, and goes away (albeit rarely) when driving down the road. Its on my 87 cherokee...Anyone experience this before? Im thinkin I am going to need a new evap core, but am hoping for the best and maybe someone will say its something a little less labor intensive since it is my daily driver.

Also, anyone have any experience with the evap cores from napa? Checked around and they seem to be the cheapest by about $40.

Thanks all.

You need to find out what the hissing is, a po'd Cat or mouse stuck in the dash, a leaking vacuum hose, leaking coolant (heater core), or leaking AC evaporator, or a leaf rubbing against the blower wheel.....

Back