• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 Cd Player dimensions

ApexJeep

NAXJA Forum User
anyone know the dimensions of the stock CD player in a 1998 cherokee? I need to put a new one in with a AUX plug. Do not know where to start with the outter frame of the new CD player. I have not bought one yet.

It is classified as a double DIN Chassis. Most aftermarket stereos are single DIN, so an installation kit available from the same place you get the stereo would be advisable. It would also make things go a lot smoother if you bought the adapter harness. Most cases, its just matching color to color between adapter to new stereo and plugging everything in. HTH.

I don't think it's a full double din. It's the Chrysler din and a half. There are dash kits for Chrysler vehicles of that era. You buy the stereo of your choice a dash kit to install it and a wire harness for your vehicle and you do the rest. Make sure you use good quality crimp connections as wirenuts do not work well. And use zip ties to keep everything neat. It should take about two hours for a first timer.

Last edited:
I always order my head units from crutchfield. They have very competitive prices and have always included a vehicle specific installation kit for free that has the dash/ DIN kit as well as the wire harness adapter for your vehicle... They also have great sales now and then. I see you already bought the DIN kit, but it's still worth checking out. Also, not sure if you have decided on a head unit or not, but I have had 3 alpines and loved them all. Opinions will vary, that's just mine.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-LKJyhovPTlL/

Back