• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Centering steering wheel... PO aftermarket setup UGH

SBpunk

NAXJA Forum User
So I know usually loosen the sleeve twist until strait but I've never seen this before and I tried to free up the collar to twist but isnt happening. Even with a TON of force. Basically I put on a Durango box and now my steering wheel is 1/4 turn off to one side.

Thats what I was thinking. On both accounts. I might just end up replacing it this steering is a pain in the a$$

Yup had to take it apart. The top end wouldnt budge so I'm going to have to hook it up to a vice or something tomorrow and break it free. Got it somewhat adjusted.

The connection piece to the actual knuckle itself loosened pretty easy. Just the top piece connecting to the pitman arm wasnt budging. I took off the top jam nut but nadda. So I'm going to soak it in PB blaster and hook it up to a vice

loosen both sides, put a pipe wrench on it and turn. the split piece at the pitman arm is probably frozen on there and needs to be broken loose.

Back