• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help choosing a Long arm upgrade...

FleXJ96

NAXJA Forum User
Thoughts on the Rubicon Express LA upgrade :

482399_10200936608007742_1516316957_n.jpg

over the Rough Country one:

603724_10200936607607732_20959968_n.jpg

Y link? Why?

Do a stronger, better design if your going to do anything at all?

a true 3 or 4 link with track bar.

Rock Krawler
Full Traction

Clayton has a great 3 link or radius arm kit, tnt is a close 2nd, and don't listen to the radius arm haters plenty of peaple run em on hard trails with out issue

Re: Re: Need help choosing a Long arm upgrade...

Clayton has a great 3 link or radius arm kit, tnt is a close 2nd, and don't listen to the radius arm haters plenty of peaple run em on hard trails with out issue

Yeah if you like the feeling of unloading while going uphill lol. 3 link it

Yep a y link is just as good as a quality 3 or 4 link Right?

:wierd:

considering the OPs location... I will say it doesn't really matter...

if you are set on those 2, the RE kit is nicer.

for radius arms, you can't beat TNT, or clayton.

personally I would run Poly's 3 link, but that's just me.

We'll also need some more information. How much lift are you running or plan on running. What are your primary goals for your XJ. Cause right now you just opened a can of worms between Y-link and 3-link guys.

Last edited:
I ran a TnT radius arm and thought it was great, until I converted it to a three link using the TNT lowers and bellypan.

MUCH better on hill climbs.

Yep a y link is just as good as a quality 3 or 4 link Right?

:wierd:

And that's why I had to replace all the fulltraction longarms and leafs with clayton stuff since all the ft wore out quickly on a friends jeep. Not to mention everyone I know with rk stuff had the joints clunk out of the box, quality stuff huh?

And that's why I had to replace all the fulltraction longarms and leafs with clayton stuff since all the ft wore out quickly on a friends jeep. Not to mention everyone I know with rk stuff had the joints clunk out of the box, quality stuff huh?

We've got two King of the Hammers races, Norcal Stampede and about 10 long weekends of hard abuse on our Full Traction kit. The bushings and rod ends are still new new condition.

If your buddy wore them out that quickly, maybe he was doing something wrong?

Back