• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

92 mj 5spd 2wd to aw4 4x4...

Swamprat

NAXJA Forum User
Im trying to swap my mj from 2wd to 4x4 on a college kid's budget. Between me and Eflores it looks like we have enough to go 4x4, but with an aw4. I've tried searching for some info, but it looks like everyone wants to do the opposite swap. From what I have found it looks like the baja shifter from radesigns makes it easier. But I havent figured out how, i figure mechanically it'll be pretty straight forward using all the auto 4x4 parts. I am not sure what all wiring and computer stuff I need, or what.

You are ruining a 92 MJ by making it an auto? NO, NO. I have nothing more to add. :)

What would make this easiest is to get an obd1 HO/Auto ECM, TCU and harness from an auto.
But I agree on, why make it auto?

a few reasons, cost vs. parts on hand, wifey cant drive a standard worth a damn, and i have some form of spinal cord problem. my main DD before i bought this truck was a standard as well and i missed about 4 weeks worth of school and work to my lack on leg use. before anyone says to sell it and buy an auto, i'm the worst at sticking to a project. i'd like to get around to building a jeep i can say is mine. just ask flores how many jeeps i've gone through.

WTF! NO! At least tell me it's a 2.5.

Back