• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just installed a Rough Country Lift... need some help!

OLE'REDXJ00

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 Jeep XJ Sport 4x4, and I just installed a Rough Country 3" suspension lift. Im getting some vibrations when accelerating. I got on RC's website and chated with them and he said not to worry about it, drive it for another 100 miles and see if it settles. Only thing is, I drive about 60 miles a day round trip to work. And I have done it twice, and it still is vibrating. Any ideas? If someone has already posted this, my bad!

more than likely a u joint on the front or rear DS and also possibly the rear DS angles. On acceleration is usually the pinion pointing too far up, so you might need to shim the pinion back down.

but for me, id check the rear DS u joints, and probably replace them. im sure its time to replace them anyway. those instructions they gave you are terrible. its more likely related to a u joint or DS, driving 100 miles on a bad setup wont fix anything, that sounds like terrible advice.

also, are your motor mounts in good shape? what about your tranny mount?

-Jonathan

@zachandandy- I will be getting an alignment here this weekend.

@blondejoncherokee- Thank you for the info.

I havent checked the motor or tranny mounts, Ill have to do that.
I really dont want to take a chance on it getting messed up from driving to and from work. That would piss me off!

Some XJs need an SYE for just 3", some do better then others and won't. When I first installed my 3" lift I had vibes, but they went away after the lift settled. When I went back and went 4.5" I had alot of vibes, but the SYE took care of that.

If you can pin point the location of the vibes it might be easier to narrow down the solution.

IF you did not already, as a temporary solution you can lower your t-case a bit. Either with a kit or using washers or some kind of spacer.
Unfortunately the later models have LP D30 and are more prone to vibes vs older XJ's

You can pull the front shaft to isolate it to front or rear. Check your U-joints. You should probably consider an SYE.

Thanks guys, Im going to have to stick with local Alaska dealers on parts.... $535 isnt bad, but add the shipping to alaska...... add another $500!

Did you talk to Tom? Because I'm not sure it would cost that much. They are located on Utah and will probably work with you.

Back