• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flange type SYE

themauler

NAXJA Forum User
Hello everyone, need a little insight on a SYE topic.

Going to do a lot of driveline work this summer and wanted to learn more about a hack n tap flange SYE either behind a np231 or a dana 300. I can understand just by the concept that a CV will be much stronger but I am looking at the flange for a certain reason to mount a disc on the flange and make my parking brake on the tcase like so

2009_07180001.jpg

I don't want to buy the highline kit and want to make my own. So for starters I need to find a flange for the np231. I have only found that Rubicon Express makes one. Any other companies?

Also if I were to do a flange SYE, do I have to buy an adapter to work with a front cherokee driveshaft to use as a rear driveshaft?

TIA
Nick

Hello everyone, need a little insight on a SYE topic.

Going to do a lot of driveline work this summer and wanted to learn more about a hack n tap flange SYE either behind a np231 or a dana 300. I can understand just by the concept that a CV will be much stronger but I am looking at the flange for a certain reason to mount a disc on the flange and make my parking brake on the tcase like so

2009_07180001.jpg

I don't want to buy the highline kit and want to make my own. So for starters I need to find a flange for the np231. I have only found that Rubicon Express makes one. Any other companies?

Also if I were to do a flange SYE, do I have to buy an adapter to work with a front cherokee driveshaft to use as a rear driveshaft?

TIA
Nick

Im sure you could have a CNC shop machine you one to your specs. I know shops around here charge $65 per hour plus material on the lathe/turret so if you already had it designed in CAD with everything done it might not be too expensive. Then you get exactly what you want.

I have an RE flange that I would be willing to sell. And YES, you need a flange adapter.

OP, yes you would need Spicer flange 211229x in order to use a front driveshaft in the rear with that flange.

Back