• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much fluid did you put in your 9 inch?

jeepfreak1020

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm trying to figure out how much fluid to put in my 9 inch. I first put 2.5 quarts in and it never leaked. Then I put another quart in and it started leaking out of the pass wheel. So I pulled the sfats and ran some RTV along the flange to help, as I've always had to do that on my 44s. A shop here in Denver told me to fill it till its full and poors back out. So I did the RTV and put another quart in. I have between 4.5-5 quarts in and it's not full. Plus it's leaking like no other. I'm reading online most people only put in 2.5 quarts in. And it dident leak when I did that. I have a stock 9 inch 3rd member and housing with 5.13s and an ARB. What have others done.

In a rear application, you have to fill the axle tubes 1/2 way up to keep the wheel bearings lubed. Should be wayy more than 2.5 qt.

I have about 3.5 QT in my front 9", and I dont have to fill the tubes

Back