• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tube length for cage

Motorcharge

NAXJA Forum User
Chopping the rear of my XJ soonish from the hatch back. I'm looking to do a simple rollbar like on CJs/Wranglers for now. I'm tying it into the frame so I can do a full cage off it later, but I want at least this part done for now to add some strength back from what I'm losing from the chop.

What length tube would I be safe getting for the main part putting it at/near the C pillar on a 4 door? Looking for firsthand experience, not guesses please.

Tried posting in the fab section but I guess I don't have enough posts over here to make new threads there. Thanks in advance.

Tried posting in the fab section but I guess I don't have enough posts over here to make new threads there. Thanks in advance.

Post count has nothing to do with it. Read the sticky at the top of every forum about forum supporters and registered users. Membership has it's privileges.

Fair enough, I didn't feel like digging that deep into it. Figured this was the next best section. If not feel free to move the thread.

And the reason I ask, is I'm going to have to transport the tube. Local supplier will cut to length for free, but my pickup bed is 8 ft and I'd rather not have to drive with more than 12 ft or so so I don't have a ton of overhang.

Back