• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel cell advice

MattK99

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, looking for input on Fuel cell choices. I am Stretching my rear about 2.5 inches with offset brackets and going from an 8.25 to a 60 so I need to relocate the tank. I'm still debating doing the tank lift but wanted to look at the cell option as well. I know a lot of tj guys use the RCI 2161 with the genright or other rings for the stock fuel pump, any votes yay or nay for this set up in a full bodied 4 dr? Any tips would be greatly appreciated, photos or links to write-ups/builds would be even better! Also, if I go with a cell my plan is to mount it up by the back of the rear seat. Anyone done this and hate how much of a hassle it might be to put fuel in it in this location?

Thanks,

Matt

Last edited:
im curently running a Summit 16 gallon plastic cell, and a mallory pump, nice setup, if i was to do it again i probly would of just done the rci cell with yj pump, the an fittings added up quick

you sure you need to move the tank? i moved mine back more than that and i have a bigger axle than a 60 (14 bolt with a ruffstuff cover). i barely had clearance issues.
I ended up grabbing a nascar kevlar bladdered 22 gallon cell from a friend that i was able to drop in between the frame rails.

I did try to search, it either comes up with pages and pages of every thread possible or nothing depending on the keywords. That being said, I am not the most interweb savvy person around so I might be doing it wrong. And Vanimal, I should have added in the opening post, I'm actually not sure that I will absolutely need to move the tank, I'm just trying to plan ahead and not be hung up when I get to that point.

Thanks,

Matt

the previous owner of my last xj had moved the stock tank up and sealed it from the cabin. that being said it was nice never having to think about landing on it, yet the axle is still down there..... also it takes up a lot of space I think it was a big waste of time money and effort from the previous owner.

Back