• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chrysler 8.25 help

BadlilXJ

NAXJA Forum User
When I did the lift I swapped axles and all from the donor(96 xj) into my 00 mainly for the HP D30. Well I've found the axles bearing are bad which I'm pretty sure the axles will likely be shot too. What I wanna know is can I swap the 27 carrier and axles for the 29 spline without having to do a new crush sleeve if I'm not swapping gears? I hope that makes since.

Shouldn't need it.

Housing is the same.
Gears are the same.
So pinion depth should not change.

But, if you change the pinion bearing, you will likely need one.

Just because axle bearings are bad, doesn't mean a les are bad.

With the grinding sound I'm worried there's a glad amount of wear. Although now we are thinking it could be something with the spiders, carrier bearings or something along that line. I'm gonna pull the cover and see what's going on. My other option is find 3.55 HP D30 gears for the front and swap the entire rear.

The pinion and the ring gear are a set. There is usually a stamp on the end of the pinion, if the stamp matches your old pinion and your new pinion (which is unlikely) you may not have to swap out the pinon also.

I have swapped a ring gear and carrier without matching the pinion in a 8.25 and had it work out just fine. I think I got lucky.

Back