• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front D30 Help needed - pics inside

MassMopar

NAXJA Forum User
So the biggest problem so far I have with my 98 is this the rot on this front passenger side steering support bracket - the pics speak for themselves.

IMG_20130420_134539_378.jpg

What's the best way to fix this? Is there a weld-in reinforcement kit? I have a MIG I use for sheetmetal but I'm a noob when it comes to welding on axle housings.

Someone obviously put this back together before. :callme:

IMG_20130420_134601_287.jpg

grab some 3/16" plate, cut the front of the old bracket off, weld the 3/16" plate in place of the old bracket.

mig is fine.

paint it.

Since you live in Mass where they salt everthing it may take a little looking but start searching the pick and pulls for a new axle. Less shafts and brakes they cost about $100 here in VA. It will take from 6 to 12 hrs depnding on skills to swap everything over. Way cheaper and faster than ordering parts, dropping the axle, hauling it off to be welded and then reinstalling.

John

Back