• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brakes locking up

lsc910

NAXJA Forum User
Hi its been a while since I've been on the sight. I have a 00 xj and the past 2 weeks or so when I first start driving and apply the brakes the front brakes lock up. More the right front than the left. It only happens every once in a while but i can't seem to see any problems. the front brakes are about 50% and the rear is adjusted. Can any one give me a suggestion on what it could be. Thanks in advance.

Faulty calipers, soft brake line blockage, or contaminated brake fluid. Service the brakes, replace the calipers and the soft brake lines. Flush and bleed the brake all the way around until you have 100% fresh brake fluid

My '01 started doing roughly the same thing a couple of weeks ago so I replaced the front calipers and soft lines and also thoroughly bled the brakes...problem fixed.

I suggest you do the same if your front calipers/lines are original; they don't last forever.

Back