• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front end shaking at 55mph

Jeepguy91

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
We are having a little shaking going on in the front end of our jeep and need everybodys opinions on what it could be. Im leaning towards the tires as the cause but am not a 100% sure. I just recently replaced put a jks track bar on it and it is all torqued down and tight. All the tie rod ends are in good condition and the steering is still nice and tight. The tires are getting a little worn with the passenger front being the worse. The jeep only starts shaking at around 52mph and smoothes out at around 58mph. Once you hit 60 it is back to smooth driving. Im thinking this would be something to do with the tires but am not a 100% sure. Maybe one got hit in a pot hole and got knocked out of balance. Anybody got any insight on what might be our problem. We are getting ready to put some 33's on the jeep but want to make sure everything is good to go before we do that. Currently we are running the stock tires on the jeep.

Thanks,
Ben

...and don't discount the tire balance issue as "oh, it couldn't be that simple". It is. Like you said, could'a hit a pot hole or just dropped a weight

I had to get my front tires balanced 4 times at Les Schwab Tire when I bought new tires before the guy down the street at Big-O Tires finally got it right. Same exact symptom. My local Les Schwab Tire shop could not balance my NEW wheels/tires. They paid Big-O to do it right with a "road force" balancer.

Smooth as silk (well, a Jeep wrapped in silk) now.

Last edited:
Cool that's what I was thinking it was. This is actually the girlfriends Jeep so it needs to be safe for her.

Any "shaking" you can "drive through" is going to be a balance issue in my experience.

Alignment doesn't change with vehicle speed, nor does a mechanical problem.

Could be a long shot, but i had cracks in my frame around the steering box and tb bracket. I was able to drive through my wobble too. Just somyhing you may wanna take a look at.

Back