• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ox Locker Trouble

spinaldex

NAXJA Forum User
Rig I picked up already had an ox installed. I had trouble engaging it but it worked a few times. Now it won't engage at all. I made a video and will upload it in a minute. But, basically what happens is that I can move the Rod on the Ox shifter most of the way from O to X but it never fully goes in there (regardless if I have the ball on the shifter or not. Like I said, it did work a few times but today is the first time I've tried it in a month and no dice. I tried backing up slowly, moving forward slowly, neutral, etc. I also moved the cable sleeve around a bunch under the rig to see if it jammed, but that didn't seem to do much.

Any suggestions?

Fixed it. I found some obscure post from 4 years ago that said that if this happens you should back up while turning sharply at a moderate speed while shifting the lever to engage. Just did it in the Home Depot parking lot and it worked like a charm. Tested it a grass patch and now it shifts like butter again. It makes me wonder though how it bound up and if I should be worried about it?

Id say lube it up, my cousin had an ox and the cable was always seizing up but check the diff to make sure its nothing more than a crusty cable.

Oh just saw your last post, sweet deal glad its workin again. :thumbup:

I'll give it trip or two and see if the issue returns. If so, I'll pickup a new cable. I read that the new cables were redesigned and work much better now (no more binding).

Back