• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 60 tube replacement

mark91xjbeef

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up a 90 f350 kingpin and now have to turn it into 79 dimensions. I have already removed the drivers side axle tube. I noticed the inner most side of the tube is machined down to accept the seal. Does anyone know a place that sells replacement tubes I can cut down to the length I need.

try currie or dynatrac? you can just buy the right sized DOM and have someone machine the bore for the axle seal. thats what i did on my d44. the passenger side you can just remove the inner c and shorten the tube then weld the inner c back on. no need to remove the tube.

Last edited:
Why the hell would you retube it?! Please dont say to weld mounts to the DS tube because theres enough and its easy enough on a 80's/90's HP60 to do it to. You cant buy tubes ready to go. Anybody good with a lathe can did though. Clean the tube and center section up for a couple of thousands interfer fit for the tubes to be pressed in. Then just have them cut the step for the seal size.

Why the hell would you retube it?! Please dont say to weld mounts to the DS tube because theres enough and its easy enough on a 80's/90's HP60 to do it to. You cant buy tubes ready to go. Anybody good with a lathe can did though. Clean the tube and center section up for a couple of thousands interfer fit for the tubes to be pressed in. Then just have them cut the step for the seal size.

there was not enough room for a coilover mount and bump stop strike pad plus the drive shaft looked horrible offset that far over. I will probably go with the dom and just find someone to cut the seal step.

there was not enough room for a coilover mount and bump stop strike pad plus the drive shaft looked horrible offset that far over. I will probably go with the dom and just find someone to cut the seal step.

:doh: More then enough room, many of us have no problem fitting all that and coils up there. Hell, I would have a ton of room if I changed over. That driveshaft offset is better them the 78/70 stuffing it closer to the oilpan and exhaust. Many people have done the 80/90's axles over the 78/79 ones to get a better fit. I run a 80's with the long side cut down 4.5". About 64.5" wide now and plenty of room for everything.

:doh: More then enough room, many of us have no problem fitting all that and coils up there. Hell, I would have a ton of room if I changed over. That driveshaft offset is better them the 78/70 stuffing it closer to the oilpan and exhaust. Many people have done the 80/90's axles over the 78/79 ones to get a better fit. I run a 80's with the long side cut down 4.5". About 64.5" wide now and plenty of room for everything.

well arent you just special.

but on a serious note Iv looked through their build threads and there should be alot of room if your running coil-overs.

Back