• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bastard pack leaf spring pin

bamajosh

NAXJA Forum User
I got a set of S10 springs free. I figured I could pick up leaf spring pins from Autozone or somewhere like that. Wrong. I check Autozone, Advance, O'reillys and a local place. Nobody had anything and nobody was able to order anything. I went to Napa's website and I saw this http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?R=RS_RS8128_0006527419. Would this work with the bastard packs? This is the last part I need to fix what the previous did to the Jeep.

I know orileys can get them.. They will have to look in the..... book... lol. If the store you go to knows what those are..... Look in the dorman bolt book and look up center bolts. They are there....

Go to ace and grab some grade 8 socket cap screws. AKA allen heads. The heads are already round. Just drill out your sprin perches if need be

Most NAPA stores will carry them. We had an assortment in our Rockford section. Big blue case with many different sizes.

You can find them at napaonline.com. Keyword "Spring Center Bolts". This should load some results. Then, where it says "Were you looking for... " click on the top link, so you do not get the Rancho ones.

FYI, the S10 springs use a larger diameter spring pin than the XJ springs. I don't know if it's mandatory, but from what I've read it is recommended to drill out your XJ main leaf to fit the bigger pin. Drilling it out can be tough, you will need a good carbide bit, and use plenty of cutting oil (motor oil or gear oil works fine).

FYI, the S10 springs use a larger diameter spring pin than the XJ springs. I don't know if it's mandatory, but from what I've read it is recommended to drill out your XJ main leaf to fit the bigger pin. Drilling it out can be tough, you will need a good carbide bit, and use plenty of cutting oil (motor oil or gear oil works fine).

Picked up a couple of bolts yesterday. Thankfully I will only have to open up two holes. Shouldn't be too bad. Knock on wood.

The fun is gonna be pulling the drop pitman arm off that the previous owner installed and putting an OEM arm back on there to get draglink and trackbar parallel.

No kidding, I did the Durango steering box swap over the weekend so I got to pull two pitman arms, they are a bear to get off. I've been getting by pretty well for several years with my Harbor Freight electric impact, but that job just may have convinced me to finally invest in a good air compressor and impact gun... If you're lucky the drop pitman arm won't have been on there long enough to be totally sized on there.

I hope you're not talking about these

attachment.php

dremel is your best bet for opening up the holes if ya already have one

Back