• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will ya look at this beauty...

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
Just purchased this for $200.
2u7uju3y.jpg

mubyjy5y.jpg

Now I just need you guys to help me decide what to do with it. I bought it for a 16th birthday project for my son who is only ten. It will get a 97+ front end and interior. After that I just don't know.

It appears to be somewhat rust free.

Aircraft remover. A couple gallons of it.

AX15 & 4x4 swap?

You said 4.0/pukegoat right? I definitely see dust caps on the front so I think it's RWD...

LS swap?
5.2/5.9 + AX15, NV3500, NV3550, or NV4500 swap?

It's not as bad as it looks. The paint is hideous obviously but the parts I'm most worried about seem pretty straight. Very little if any rust other than surface. I'm thinking its salvageable. If not I will rattle can it flat black and ask $750. Bet I can get it.

Aircraft remover. A couple gallons of it.

AX15 & 4x4 swap?

You said 4.0/pukegoat right? I definitely see dust caps on the front so I think it's RWD...

LS swap?
5.2/5.9 + AX15, NV3500, NV3550, or NV4500 swap?

It's a 4.0l and a five speed. Guessing its a pugget but not 100% sure. And yes 2wd.

My plans are probably to find one (or two or three) more 97+ XJs to part out and use the whole drivetrain, computer, harness, front clip, doors and interior. I've always had a soft spot for 97+ converted MJ's

Did Andy Steiner used to own this?

Dude, the shell will probably net you $100......great score. Short bed? Hard to tell from pics.

Something like this:

tumblr_lvxb6xyJ1k1r80wxlo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Did Andy Steiner used to own this?

Dude, the shell will probably net you $100......great score. Short bed? Hard to tell from pics.

Yup short bed and funny you say that about the shell. I had the same thought.

And yup that's exactly what I'm thinking but maybe a better color.

Nice

Yea, that truck looks awesome, even under the Gerber Creamed Peas paint job. Baja fenders on the front would look sweet........

Make it 98 +. There are a lot of 97's with electrical gremlins. I have one. I'd give you $1000 delivered to my door. :)

Now I just need you guys to help me decide what to do with it. I bought it for a 16th birthday project for my son who is only ten. It will get a 97+ front end and interior. After that I just don't know.

It appears to be somewhat rust free.

if your going through the trouble of swapping a 97 front end and interior... i vote find a 97+ thats been ass packed. swap everything... wiring, interior, powertrain, drivetrain.

Back