• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power door plug question

PacificEd

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I mashed in my passenger side front door on my 1988 XJ in Harlan last year. Well I've kinda been poking around for a decent door and found one that is pretty nice.

The question is my door is power. Are there any differences in the wiring plugs for a 1988 and a 1993 door? I didn't remove the kick panel from the '93 so I don't know if it is the same.

I got to checking to see what tools I'd need to remove a door and the next thing you know, my passenger front door is sitting on the shop floor.

Once I can identify the connections, I'll run this Saturday and remove the donor door.

I'm pretty sure that I disconnected 3 plugs, a big, medium and small one.

Any help would be great!

I hate to ask, but could somebody take a picture of the wiring connections on the passenger front door of a 1992-1994 XJ so I can tell if they are different than my 1988?

As I recall, you are dealing with 3-4 wire connections in the '92.

The first pic below shows the back of the switch assembly. A soft molded rubber connector (flat) attaches to the back.

The second pic shows the door lock servo which uses a two connector wire to attach to the stub sticking up on the left.

I don't have a pic for the third but it would look similar to the second pic and would attach to the power window actuator.

The only other wires I can think you might find would be for door mounted speakers.

HTH

I was looking for the plugs that do through the A-pillar. They are located under the trim by the passengers feet.

Thanks for the help, since it looks like one plug does the windows, one does the power mirror and the small one is the speaker.

The short answer is no, the plugs are totally different.

The 1993 door was complete and in great shape. Now will be the task of identifying the wires and see if we can replace the one large Chyco plug with the 3 smaller AMC plugs.

That thought has crossed my mind. I will remove the door panel and see how similar or different the connections/components are.

Back