• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 Limited front axle

Cox89XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Is a XJ 89 Limited front axle size the same as a 93 XJ front axle?
Thanks guys. My SOL is installing a OX locker in the D30 and he says his axle is bigger than what the OX locker will accept. He wants to swap axles with me.

Last edited:
Are you taking about the axle shafts? Does he have after market shafts? I believe that there are both 27 and 30 spline carriers. Abs Shafts I know use larger joints. But they all are the same at the carrier side as far as stock goes.

Are you taking about the axle shafts? Does he have after market shafts? I believe that there are both 27 and 30 spline carriers. Abs Shafts I know use larger joints. But they all are the same at the carrier side as far as stock goes.

Yes about the shafts. I found out his has after market shafts. I'm from the old school, If it ain't broke don't fix it. I don't want to mess with mine when it's working perfect, but I hate to turn him down and tell him to go get his own shafts. I was hoping mine would be different.

Back