• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97+ XJ surco mounts info and pictures needed.

DualSportDad

NAXJA Forum User
I bought my jeep with a surco rack installed. I removed it to repaint the roof and I think the PO put it on with the wrong mounts. The mounts have two holes each and on the roof of the jeep there is only one.

I'm talking about the mounts that bolt of directly to the roof rack rails (not cross bars) and not gutter mounts.

Anyone have any pictures of their mounts?

so i've done a little research and this is what i think i have: surco roof rails and then their mounts that are supposed to bolt directly to the roof. the PO just ran self tapping screws through the other hole for the rack mount.

id there a way to mount the turco rack to the stock roof rack frame rails?

here is a picture of the way the mount for the rack in now.

20130406_163529.jpg

Those look like channel rail (CH100) adaptors, but you are missing a piece. Those are meant to slide in through your roof rails, then mount.

Go to the Surco site for a better picture:

http://www.surcoinc.com/R-Mountingacc.html#SpecialityAdapters

I run the J100 mounts, which hold really well. You can see a picture of them at same link.

Yeah they are the channel rail adapters. He bought the surco channel rail as well but since the jeep roof only has one hole he just used a self tapper for the 2nd.

That j100 will work with the stock roof tracks? I have a 98 parts truck that I can steal the roof tracks off of.

Back