• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

odd question

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
can you change the shift position to another during cruise? like driving with cruise control in overdrive but see a hill and so you shift down to 3rd? or will that screw up your cruise control/transmission? kinda curious about that lol

With a auto no it won't change or hurt anything, if you are going a normal speed.120 is not.LOL In a manual it may shut it off when you press the clutch in.I know it does on my newer car.

Well, I don't have a slushbox XZ, but in SOME vehicles with slushboxes shifting up or down with the cruise control ON and SET isn't a problem. In other vehicles I have seem the RPMs go through the roof in the moment between gears.

can you change the shift position to another during cruise? like driving with cruise control in overdrive but see a hill and so you shift down to 3rd? or will that screw up your cruise control/transmission? kinda curious about that lol

I have done that on several occasions when I was on 30" tires and 3.55 gears. It prevents the AW4 from gear hunting when going up hills. You will see an increase in RPM and power to climb the hill. Now that I have 4.10 gears, it is not necessary.

Not sure about manuals but autos it won't cause any problems.

awesome, thanks guys, ya i hadn't done it yet because i was fearful of destroying my transmission lol but yes its a auto 97'

Back