• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil Pressure

thegspot

NAXJA Forum User
Hi my name is Gary this is my first post. I have a 2000 Cherokee 4.0 auto with 130000 miles on it. The oil pressure drops after driving but come up somewhat when accelerating ? Any help would be appreciated

Last edited:
That is pretty normal. The Haynes service manual says that it should not drop below 13psi. If it drops lower than this you will need to look at replacing the oil pump. I just did this on mine ('90 XJ with 195000 miles) and it isn't too bad of a job (but messy).

My 92 with almost 250,000 at start up is about 50 psi and after it warms up drops it like 40 psi tell I put it in gear then drops to 25 or so but never drops below 20 psi. Thats with fresh oil lol and after like 500 miles the readings are little different at start up and stuff.

For The World:

Whenever you drop the oil pan on the 4.0 you should re-torque the crank and rod bearing caps--they come loose.

Back