• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I think my jeep wants to race?

MrAnderson

NAXJA Forum User
Hoped in the Heep today, fired it up and it reved up to 2k and dropped back to 1 and repeated about three times. That's new? Did a 63mm throttle body the other day, could that be affecting my idle? I flashed the system and it hasn't dont that since. Although it does roar a bit in the mornings on a cold start. Maybe I damage a sensor??

It is normal for the ECU to fluctuate RPM with a brand new bored throttle body. It is adjusting itself to the new setup. On cold mornings the ECU automatically adjusts to higher idle to move the thicker oil easier until the engine reaches a certain temperature.

If it wants to race,.. :D

Go buy a thousand dollars worth of shocks, five hundred worth of lights, paint a big "7300" on the rear door, get a helmet, and head for the desert!

Okay, today, same situation, leaving work on lunch, fired it up and it went batshit! I'd the whole spike to over 2k this time ad dropping back done to where my engine started sputter like 5 times. And on the way home at every stop when I gave it gas it felt like it died a little then jumped on it!

I work same sched tomorrow and gonna make a video of it

tps, iac..

Done!

Pretty sure they got more than a g in shocks though
Nah,... you can run BITD 7300 class(stock mini pickup/suv under 3.2L) with Bilstein remote resi 7100s or equivalent. You can slide into a set of those for under a grand.

Iac is facing the VC and tps would be attached at the butterfly pivot right?

Just looked into faulty tps symptoms and they seem to line up, ill have check that out. Ill have the better half of tomorrow off so ill finally have some time to address some problems I've been having

Last edited:
Plus, don't forget the intake/exhaust manifold bolts get loose. You can check for that by spraying a carb cleaner with straw at the gasket line - if it's leaking, it revs up.

No fun to tighten them up, it really stretches both the owner and his set of tools.

It's common to think something just worked on caused a problem, these things tend to be in some stage of deterioration from the moment they roll off the assembly line. Lots of them are just coincidence, not causative.

HA, so I took the tb off today to... Basically just take it off. Found that my orig. gasket(I've since had a spacer with a new top and bottom gasket, that I remove when I installed this) was still on the intake manifold!! (Shoots self) that's probably my vacuum leak right there haha. Seems to be running fine now but it always did when warmed up, will know tomorrow how dumb I am.

Glad it turned out to be something cheap and easy. (I still vote for the shocks :D)

Back