• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 Blinker and ABS Light?

BADaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
About 4 months ago my ABS light came on in my '00. It stayed on for a few days then went out. It did this 2 or 3 more times but it hasn't come back on for at least 2 months now, but now my blinkers are failing. When I turn them on, they blink 2 or 3 times then stop. Some days they are better than others. Some initial searching showed the clock spring was a possible culprit for the ABS light, but that has nothing to do with the blinkers, right? I thought maybe they were related but after some more searching it seems I need to investigate the the blinker switch and the module under the dash. Any thoughts on this? Are the two problems completely unrelated? Cruise control seems to be working fine...
Thanks

Funny... I found a lot of threads searching that had promising titles. Click on the thread and what's the first reply? Blinker fluid. Not many useful threads out there on this that I could find.

Change the blinker clicker module under the dash.

standard.jpg

When your directionals are acting up; test your emergency flashers to see if they work. If the flashers are acting up too... then the blinker/flasher (dual function) module is definitely the problem. If the flashers work properly; then the problem could be somewhere else.

The ABS light can be caused by a few things. Low fluid level, worn out brakes or the ABS assembly having problems.

Sorry to hijack a thread, but I have a question about the ABS light. I heard that if you install new locker assemblies like Ox and Detroit's the ABS will stop functioning and error all the time. On older XJ's the #7 fuse was for the dash light so you could just yank it. But on my 2000, the ABS is shared with climate control fuse in the panel. Any other ideas on how to turn off the light without taking the entire dash apart to break the LED for it? =)

Sorry to hijack a thread, but I have a question about the ABS light. I heard that if you install new locker assemblies like Ox and Detroit's the ABS will stop functioning and error all the time. On older XJ's the #7 fuse was for the dash light so you could just yank it. But on my 2000, the ABS is shared with climate control fuse in the panel. Any other ideas on how to turn off the light without taking the entire dash apart to break the LED for it? =)

That I know of; the only way that the ABS system should be affected by the installation would be if the tone ring was removed or altered.

Sorry to hijack a thread, but I have a question about the ABS light. I heard that if you install new locker assemblies like Ox and Detroit's the ABS will stop functioning and error all the time.

IDK if this is true or not.

..... on my 2000, the ABS is shared with climate control fuse in the panel. Any other ideas on how to turn off the light without taking the entire dash apart to break the LED for it? =)

Simply pull the ABS relay (or relays) from the PDC under the hood and the ABS is disabled and the dash light remains off.

Yea, I think the forum where I read that was wrong. But, I hear keeping ABS running in an offroad rig is a pita due to the tone rings, sensors, etc get beat from mud, bumps, etc. Should I just pull the relay and just run without ABS? I've never wheeled a rig with ABS before and I doubt I'd be happy about the vehicle applying its own braking methods when I would rather control it =)

I was just reading this again since my blinkers have stopped working almost completely now. The emergency flashers seem to be working fine. But stupid me, I meant to say AIRBAG light, not abs. Obviously the blinker problem and the abs light are not related! :doh: Could the airbag light and the blinker issue both be related to the clock spring? I should mention that the airbag light hasn't come on again in the last six months or so...

Back