• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Day trip, Solv clean up & Saddle Up condition check April 20th

AwesomeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So its getting to be tgat time of year again. I was planning on heading up to tsf to check on saddle up on the 13th of April but with the solv clean up on the 20th I figured we could combine the 2. Figure we can meet up with the solv crew and pick up our trash bags. Then clean our way to saddle up and wheel our way back down for the end of the event. Then maybe wheel some more.

Ok, so who's with me?

Re: Day trip, Solv clean up & Saddle Up condition check

I'm in for the SOLV part of it for sure.
I'm in for the Saddle Up scouting/inspection part of it too....
I'm not sure if the steering on the XJ is going to be ready by then, hopefully it will be.
If so, I'm in for the wheeling too.

In.

I'd say lets make the clean up our first priority. Usually it's wrapping up by 1:00 anyway. At that time we can cruise up to Saddle Up, and see if it's still snowed in (it was last year at this event). I'm down for running trails after.

Weather permitting I might go up Friday night and camp. But still leave Saturday night, unless someone wants to stay Saturday night as well?

Weather permitting I might go up Friday night and camp. But still leave Saturday night, unless someone wants to stay Saturday night as well?

Hmmm...... I MAY be in for this..... Yea, its going to depend solely on the weather....but this sounds like a good idea.

When: April 20, 2013
Where to Meet: Tillamook State Forest - Milepost 33 on Oregon Highway 6 (Turn South into ODOT Sandshed / registration area) - Gales Creek, OR
Meet Time: 8:30 AM
Items to Bring: Shovel, Bucket, Tarp, Litter Grabber, Work Boots, Rake, Work Gloves, Water, Lunch

Details: Wear long pants, long sleeves, closed toe shoes, bring work gloves and rakes if possible. This project will involve removal of some garbage / target shooting debris, some invasive plant removal, and some tree planting.

The wife , kid , and I are definitely going to be there Saturday morning . If the weather man says no rain on Friday we will be camping Friday night . See you guys there

Day trip, Solv clean up & Saddle Up condition check April 20th

Anyone that I can call shotgun with? My jeep isn't able to go but I'd like to come help and hang out.

Re: Day trip, Solv clean up & Saddle Up condition check April 20th

I'm really looking forward to this. It looks like we may have a large turn out.

I'm thinking of rallying at the mc donalds in north plains by 645 and all rolling out together by 7.

This sounds like a day for Round 2 attempt at ProjectXJ day trip!

I think i'll bring the boys to help clean up :patriot:

Damn.....60% chance of rain for Friday.....
Unless this changes, I prob wont be camping.

Re: Day trip, Solv clean up & Saddle Up condition check April 20th

Sounds like a 40% chance the weatherman is a hack to me.
x2.. I gave up on those % numbers.. 20% of the time they are 50%, right 40% of the time they are 80% wrong.. and 100% of the time they are 80% off

:thumbup:

Back