• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE Questions

i973eat1

NAXJA Forum User
I am starting to look into a SYE kit and have been curious on how hard it is to install one. Are there any companies that stand out, but will not break the bank? This is mostly a street driven Jeep, but I plan on wheeling it on the weekends and do not want anything to break on me.

99' XJ
AW4 (or whatever the stock auto trans is)
NP231 t-case
Need any more info, just ask!
Thanks for the help!

I've done several Rugged Ridge kits with no complaints. I have one in my XJ and in the shops along with several others. I've done them in and on the bench. There is +/- to both ways.

Read the instructions, have the proper snap ring pliers handy because without them you may never even get the tail cone off. If you do it in the Jeep, have a extra set of hands handy.

Thanks for the input! I guess that I will search around on Google and see If i can find a good write-up, unless anyone has a good one on here that they can post a link to?
Thanks!

Back