• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IRO long arms - caster adjuster failed

VAhasnoWAVES

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone else had this happen?
People seem to argue about it all the time, but ive never seen proof.
Really, is it that common, or did i just get a lemon?
I'll admit, i was being a moron and jumping the jeep, but this was the first thing to let go.
Looking back on it, did should i be contacting them or swallowing my pride?

For what its worth, the price was right, and the ride has been on par.
One thing i noticed, is that im going through bushing very fast.
Once i figure out where to take the build from here, i'll need t address that as well.
Looks like im in the market for new arms, has anyone ever built radius arms off of the IRO crossmember?
So, if you still havent figured it out... read the left side, top to bottom.

IRO longarms rock, you are clearly an idiot and messed them up yourself!

unpossible, the caster adjuster uses a super unbreakable single 10 mm bolt that even the extreme of the extreme wheelers haven't been able to break! but the kit flexes soooooooooooo good that im just gonna throw up a pic of a IRO rig flexing and its gonna make everything better [insert pic of IRO long arm'd rig flexing]

shit carmelo says said:
Dude, bolts are strong. Ever had a 10mm bolt before? Just try and break one of those things. Friend of mine hit one with a hammer one time DIDNT EVEN BEND. Dude I know builds race cars out of them. IRO gets there bolts from NASA you can't break them. They probably accidentally stuck a pencil in there instead of a bolt. I did it once, honest mistake.

I heard you have to torque them down with your dick and if it's too small you have to ask your dad to do it.

As far as building arms. You just need the length from frame Mount to axle and upper link Mount to axle.

Safety and caster be damned.....did it give you some made flecks?

Back