• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP! Spark from coil but none from distributer

AllenB

NAXJA Forum User
So earlier this week I drove my 93 xj home from work it ran fine. Get in it the next morning all thAt I get is the motor turning and turning.
I got home and took a look replaced hole distributer assembly, plugs, wires because I wasn't getting any spark. After that I'm still stuck with the same problem of spark out of the ignition coil but nothing out of the distributer or the wires too the plugs.
So just to make sure this was the problem I went ahead and replaced the crank position sensor (CPS CKP). Installed and would you know it still same problem.
I'm at a stand still and this is my only vehicle any help at all would be really appreciated. The timing and firing order was double checked last night.
At one point I had another truck hook jumper cables to my battery for more juice and still nothing.
help!:helpme:

Test the CPS. If you didn't get it from NAPA or the dealer there is a good chance the new CPS was dead on arrival.

How are you testing for spark at the coil? If you have spark from the coil while cranking, it is a simple electrical connections from there....spark travels through coil wire to center of cap, through post to rotor, through rotor to each outer post, through wire to plugs.

If you do indeed have good spark from the coil, then my only guess would be that the rotor isn't turning....pull the cap off and have someone crank it while you verify the rotors is moving smoothly.

Back