• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New speakers

iwannadie

NAXJA Forum User
I just thought I would share since people always wonder what speakers fit and such.

I have a 97 XJ(4 door) and put Infinity Reference 6032cf 6.5-Inch speakers in the front doors with out any problems. No cutting needed to make them fit in the door, I cut a small hole in the door panel grill for the tweet to stick out. The tweeter just barely touched, I did use the plastic spacer that came with the speakers so maybe there would be no clearance issues without the spacer. I was worried the speakers would hit the glass without the spacer so I used it to be safe.

As for the speakers they sound really good with no amp using an after market head unit. I have the same speakers in another car with an amp and they really put out the sound either way.

I got the speakers from amazon $45 shipped.

Much improved, bass is a bit lacking though. I know with an amp they really have some kick though. Still pretty decent without an amp and good enough for me in the XJ.

Will not hit glass without spacer; bolted right in and door-panel unmodified. Also put same speaker in the rear soundbar. Sounds so good wife likes it.

I have those speakers in my XJ as well, 6.5" in the front, the shallow profile ones (just because they were on sale), and 5.25" in the rear hatch. I agree that they sound really nice for the money. I have MB Quart component speakers in my other car and the Infinity's sound just as good IMHO.

I originally had all four powered off my Alpine head unit and then later installed a 50 wpc Alpine amp on front speakers. The external amp brings out a little extra volume and clarity but I agree that even off head unit power they sound great.

good to know. thanks for posting this. i have memphis 5.25's in mine wired to a 1200w 4 channel autotek amp and the fronts are blown and sound like dookie. we have these speakers at my work (pep boys) and i have been eying them for a while cuz i need new ones bad. been wanting to put 6x9's in the door and 6.5's in the sound bar. now i know they are worth it!!

Back