• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44/14 bolt swap

4x4swamper

NAXJA Forum User
I got a killer deal on a 14 bolt rear and a D44 low pinion out of a 76 f250 highboy. My question is has anyone on here swapped this axle in their XJ. The leaf perch on the driver side is part of the housing. Can this just be cut off?

spb5dz.jpg

no you dont, just mount the coil bucket on top, unless you want this to happen to you

100_1571.jpg

modify the brackets to fit the housing not the housing to fit the brackets, i did no trimming to my 87 ford 60 wich has half the room of you 44 to fit stuff, are you planning to shorten the axle or keep it fullwidth? my coil buckets are pretty close to the knuckles

since when did fords come with a gm rear end? ditch the lp44 and grab a hp one outta a 78/79 non-highboy f250. either way, both 44's have more then enough tube to mount brackets on without having to worry about the center casting.

Back