• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Identifying lift components?

DigJeepsBrah

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering how you'd know what you've really got if you bought a modified vehicle, or if you were looking to buy, buying used parts, or looking in the pull yards.

Is there any certain criteria for identifying 'X' brand from 'Y' brand?

I did a couple of searches on this forum for this topic, little help.

Sometimes x brands have stamped or painted names on them. Rubicon express has that silver color to them skyjacker is red pro comp I think is like blue... Etc... Anyway most people send them to the junk yards in stock form... I don't usually see modified jeeps at the JY

Sometimes x brands have stamped or painted names on them. Rubicon express has that silver color to them skyjacker is red pro comp I think is like blue... Etc... Anyway most people send them to the junk yards in stock form... I don't usually see modified jeeps at the JY

I don't typically either but with as frequently as I find myself at pull yards these days I figure it could happen. I have heard of it. I think there was a dude on the Colorado forum a few weeks back that scored a set of 2.5" OME springs IIRC from a pull yard.

Sometime you can figure out by appearance or by color, and sometimes not.

One time I found a 5" lifted XJ with RE and Teraflex lift parts, RE drop brackets, 4.10 gears, and (2) TrueTrac Limited Slip. I stripped the whole lift, both complete axles, and brought it all home for $380.

I have also brought home several sets of lift kit control arms, and a Jeep D30 4x4 locking hub conversion.

If I can't find any identifiers, I post a picture here. :)

I've seen all kinds of things at the yards around here. Some is great, most is not worth the trouble. More often than not, I know a donor has aftermarket stuff because it's already been stripped. :rolleyes:

Now that I think about the money I've spent, I seem to buy more stuff from my local chapter members.

I guess the moral of the story is, leave no stone un-turned. ;)

Back