• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wagoneer-XJ: Part ID?

Crist Clapper

NAXJA Forum User
Where exactly are these (below) installed on the lift-gate/area?

Also... Are the tops of the lift-gate hinges easily removed and replaced?

Thanks for the help!

IMG_38773_zpsa41b3d12.jpg

Just looked at the lift gate area of my '89 Waggy...nothing remotely similar to those. How do you know they're from the lift gate area?

Just looked at the lift gate area of my '89 Waggy...nothing remotely similar to those. How do you know they're from the lift gate area?

Well... I THINK they are from the general-area of the lift-gate. Maybe this will help... Numbers 22 & 23 on the below:

Presentation1_zps7dd899af.png

Open you liftgate. They cover the washer hose entry on the passenger side and the wire entry on the drivers side into the main body of the XJ. They help seal out the water with the help of some sealant on the back of them. They are up near the roof where the liftgate hinges on the body.

Open you liftgate. They cover the washer hose entry on the passenger side and the wire entry on the drivers side into the main body of the XJ. They help seal out the water with the help of some sealant on the back of them. They are up near the roof where the liftgate hinges on the body.

Okay... I'll take a look tomorrow... Thanks!

Back