• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

35 with little lift help

thompsonspeedshop

NAXJA Forum User
I've lifted my 91 Cherokee 4" and 31's (my DD) I've also lifted a 88 Comanche 7" and 36's and a 89 Comanche 6" and 33's.

Now I'm wanting to tuck 35's under my 92 4.0 HO 4x4 5 speed 2 Door Cherokee.
its as stock as stock gets with only 33K miles on it. I want to do a 8.8 rear axle swap with ,lockers but I don't want it super tall (not 7" of lift) and I don't want to cut it up to bad. So I was wondering if any one had an idea of how to 4-6" of up travel and 12" or more of down for the front.

I'm going to just run new leaf springs with a shackle relocation kit. the front is what I've always had trouble with.

Thanks for any help

The only way you'll get 16-18" of travel in the front with low lift will be shock hoops through the hood. Probably coilovers, definitely new steering, at least mid arm, 3 link. It will be expensive and difficult. That is a ton of travel.

Lol, low lift with 6" up travel and minimal sheet metal cutting.....ok.

Here.
35x1250x17 km2s

3" lift
qyreta5u.jpg

and I don't want to cut it up to bad. So I was wondering if any one had an idea of how to 4-6" of up travel and 12" or more of down for the front.

I'm going to just run new leaf springs with a shackle relocation kit. the front is what I've always had trouble with.

Thanks for any help

Yeah...sorry not happening there bud. 35's without much trimming...and not being all that tall just isn't happening with the up travel you want.

I'm looking at a set on fox 2.5x18 coil-overs

18's!?

Think again. You need 12"...maybe if your willing 14" C/O's.

I run 16" ORI's on my buggy and there is no way in hell 18's would be usable on a fully body without MAJOR modifications made.

18's!?

Think again. You need 12"...maybe if your willing 14" C/O's.

I run 16" ORI's on my buggy and there is no way in hell 18's would be usable on a fully body without MAJOR modifications made.

X2. I know a guy on another forum running a buggy with 16's up front and 14's out back that can do damn near anything.

If it was easy to get 18" of travel, with minimal cutting and 35's with minimal lift on a full bodied xj, wouldn't everyone be doing it? I've got 12" in the front and 14" in the rear on 6" of lift and a ton of trimming. Full width axles on 35's 5" uptravel in front and 6" in the rear. Metalcloak dual rate coils up front and they still start to unseat.
FEB297BE-4269-4AFE-8885-19A40178AD2A-15228-00000A6D71DC0983.jpg

Can't see a need for any more travel, feels good and stable with the extra width. May rebuild the inner fenders and lower it a bit, or go to a bigger tire.

Is this the new obstical course at hollister?

If it was easy to get 18" of travel, with minimal cutting and 35's with minimal lift on a full bodied xj, wouldn't everyone be doing it? I've got 12" in the front and 14" in the rear on 6" of lift and a ton of trimming. Full width axles on 35's 5" uptravel in front and 6" in the rear. Metalcloak dual rate coils up front and they still start to unseat.
FEB297BE-4269-4AFE-8885-19A40178AD2A-15228-00000A6D71DC0983.jpg

Can't see a need for any more travel, feels good and stable with the extra width. May rebuild the inner fenders and lower it a bit, or go to a bigger tire.

i had 4" of lift and 35's with about 7" of uptravel in the front and 8" of uptravel in the rear. 12" of total travel in the front, and 16" of travel in the rear. expect lots of trimming and a worse performing vehicle than someone with 5" of lift and 35's.
it will fit easier if you have a wider track width (wider axles, wheel spacers, or low backspacing wheels). extensive trimming is manditory as well as creative shock mounting.

Yes it's the new course at hollister. Riding around within an inch of full bump is over rated. Potholes shouldn't bottom out your suspension. If all you do is crawl, you can get away with no uptravel, but hit even a mild bump at speed and you'll wish you had some uptravel.

Yes it's the new course at hollister. Riding around within an inch of full bump is over rated. Potholes shouldn't bottom out your suspension. If all you do is crawl, you can get away with no uptravel, but hit even a mild bump at speed and you'll wish you had some uptravel.

im not saying eliminate all up travel. but I think 2-3" of up with some prothanes to keep it from "crashing" against them is plenty. unless you do highspeed stuff jeepspeed or racing of some sort, then I would agree you need more.

I couldn't use 3 to 4" of up travel on the roads out here in CA.No way would i only go with that much.I'll keep my lift and enjoy my ride down the road and not spill my soda on me

2" clear and then prothanes? If that's the case then you have probably5-6" of uptravel. My prothanes are 1.5" clear at ride height but will compress an additional 4". 5.5" of uptravel is a far cry from 2-3" and works well even when I do catch a little air.

Back