• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

whats my XJ worth?

spencer elliott

NAXJA Forum User
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]ok folks I am being forced to sell my silver 01 XJ Sport. odometer reads 106,6XX, but the Jasper "reman" that was installed in Dec. 2011 and has had about 10,000 miles put on it.

this XJ has a pieced together 3" kit of which originally started as a skyjacker kit (dont ask). anyway as of now it has skyjacker lower control arms (needs new bushings), stock upper CAs, and SJ 3" coils. its got a Rubicon Express track bar and bracket. Rubicon Express 1.5" leaf spring shackles. BDS shocks. Old Man Emu steering stabilizer. ball joints were replaced about a year and a half ago along with new front break pads. its got an AEM dryflo cone air filter, but i also still have the stock air box. front axle is dana 30 rear is Chrysler 8.25 w/ 29 splice shafts. stock gears. no slip yoke installed due to never having any wobble. lower doors, front and rear bumper, and wheel wells have all been sprayed with Upols Raptor liner in black. door trim has been removed, but the flares are still there and in the stock location.
there are currently some 15" Eagle Alloy classic IIs on it wrapped in Goodyear MTR w/ Kevlar in 31"x10.5" installed just last December. the tires are still like new.

so yeah, can you all help me find a fair price for this Jeep? what would you list it as?

tmxIQSU.jpg

aoMSlpf.jpg

Vsi2B2w.jpg

Ee4HPh1.jpg

7IpVfOF.jpg

would i be better off swapping the wheel and tires and trying to sell them buy themselves?
[/FONT][/FONT]

Last edited:
Clean looking rig indeed. I really like the look of that. I was actually thinking about building my XJ just like that.

If i were you i'd remove that big sticker from the back window ... looks tacky in my opinion.

sOANKze.jpg

at the end of the day its going to be worth as little as you are willing to give it for... my estimate of value around here (MA) would be around 4-1/2 or 5k with a fair buyer... looks very clean, but i agree, get the window stickers off (at least the huge one) its often a turn off to a lot of buyers. im sure you put a LOT more money than that into the Jeep but thats how it goes. Good luck with the sale

5 speed or auto

I was going to say $4k. If the interior is clean.

Concerns would be reman engine vs an original. Wonder why engine needed reman at relatively low miles. And piece together suspension.

At $4k you will be competing with some clean, non modified stockers and/or some decently built rigs.

pieced together kit is because that is how i was able to build it. slowly lol.

i had to have the engine replaced, because my beloved stock 4.0 crapped out on me at 96K... and i took great care of it. religiously changed the oil and fluids since i got it at 23K. the tech i had do the engine swap was retired from chrysler, and was a jeep head with 20 years exp of working on jeeps. he said he had never seen anything like it before with this engine and asked me to come in to look at it when he had it opened up. the cylinder walls were cracking apart and some pieces broke off and fell into the cylinder. so in an effort to keep this gem i had the options of installing a used engine or a jasper reman. i really wanted to keep this XJ for at least another 10 years so i opted for the jasper reman with the warranty.

and now i have to sell it. its going to be missed.

oh it is an auto.

If i were you i'd remove that big sticker from the back window ... looks tacky in my opinion.

it may be tacky, but it was surely effective. we got a lot of calls and emails because "i saw your website on the back of a jeep". of course its coming off. havent taken the time to do so yet. maybe today...?

Last edited:
My comments weren't intended as criticism. Your XJ looks clean. I was just trying to provide a perspective.

Bottom line is that SUV/station wagon type buyers are going to be more drawn to stock vehicles and Jeep/off road type buyers are likely to have their own mod plan or be looking for value on well completed mods.

Unfortunately (or fortunately if you are buying) XJ's don't really command high values on the used market. There are a lot of them out there. Car buyers in the price point probably consider something more economical.

I was going to say $4k. If the interior is clean.

Concerns would be reman engine vs an original. Wonder why engine needed reman at relatively low miles. And piece together suspension.

At $4k you will be competing with some clean, non modified stockers and/or some decently built rigs.

i have nothing to add other that i agree & would not pay more than that....

It's funny how the location makes such a difference. You could get $7000 for that in Arizona. XJs sell for over retail BB here, it is nuts. Easy to find no rust beauties, though.

I just got a clean 2001 limited bone stock 120,000 miles needs 2 tires to be perfect for $2500 I looked at ALOT! Of xjs over last few weeks to replace my wrecked 2000. Stock definitely brings more$$$$$$ but here in pa you get that jeep for $2500-3000

Back