• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 xj fuel tank assembly

seanjohn0226

NAXJA Forum User
i am having trouble putting my tank back together after i swapped out my fuel pump. the gasket around the sender unit is not realigning with the tank itself. i was thinking this was becuase the sender itself keeps snapping back into full extesion before i can get it far enough down into the tank.

does anyone have any suggestions on how to put my tank back together. any help would be great

a second set of hands to push the assy down while you twist the ring is a huge help

Patience... LOTS of patience.

I've done this twice now and it can be frustrating. The hardest part for me was getting the nut back on without cross threading it.

Just take your time and don't give up.

Look at were the threads start on the ring and on the tank and line them up. Tap the rindg down as you screw it on. Before doing that, put a little grease on the oring, both sides. The fuel ass will slide in easy. As stated above, it is a two man job, but one can do it.

Back