• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

renix wiring gurus...weird gremlins while installing toggle switch pushbutton start

shortxjdoug

NAXJA Forum User
ok weird shit... here is what i have

i have a joes racing toggle panel and start button im installing in a 1990 jeep cherokee and research has shown i need these wires.

Green-starter
yellow-ignition
red-constant 12v

i have constant 12v on one pole of the switch, yellow ignition on the other. off the hot in its jumped to the push button and the green connected to the other button pole.

it is grounded through an indicator light on the yellow wire out of the switch and grounded to the chassis.

heres where the weird starts....no starter relay activation through the green wire, and when i connect the battery terminal the jeep is ON. Its as if the key was turned to the ON position, to confirm this i ran a wire from the pushbutton deirectly to the relay, started it, and was unable to shut it off with the switch.

so what gives? ive confirmed the wire colors through multiple sources but i have no idea why the jeep is always hot?

edit: figured it out...running good, mods please delete

Last edited:
Back