• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mj Specific Lift kits

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Looking for a MJ specific lift kit with full spring packs.... Seems like all I can find is this:

http://www.rustysoffroad.com/jeep-s...s/rustys-mj-comanche-4-5-spring-pack-kit.html

Anyone else know of another one or a 3" with full packs? Don't say just go spring over bc I don't want to do that. I'm going to be building this for my boys and me to share. I don't want my teenage twins to have a wildly build MJ to destroy. That is what my jeep is for.

A lot of guys on comanche club go with hellcreek springs. They have 3-4.5" springs for the mj spring under.

It's an MJ... just put a few hundred pounds of spare parts and tools in the bed and take off. Maybe a pile of firewood. Bam, 4.5" lift just became 3".

I have the 4.5" Rusty's springs and I'm pretty happy with them, the bushings were junk but the springs are good.

If I have issues with them I might have to check out the hell creek springs.

Or if you want to spend some money you can buy a custom set of deavers, alcan or national springs?

do a bastard pack. i used 90s f150 leafs and made a close to 3" lift pack
its cheaper, but wont perform as well as a custom made pack obviously

IMG_20120727_110849.jpg

A lot of guys on comanche club go with hellcreek springs. They have 3-4.5" springs for the mj spring under.

Thanks I am not familiar with them.

Or if you want to spend some money you can buy a custom set of deavers, alcan or national springs?

Alcan is still being considered. I have ran their springs on my xj twice now.

From what I understand Hell Creek is no longer making springs.

They are showing up on their site.

do a bastard pack. i used 90s f150 leafs and made a close to 3" lift pack
its cheaper, but wont perform as well as a custom made pack obviously

IMG_20120727_110849.jpg

Is that 2wd springs? Any details on what you did? Which springs you used where?

You might give him a call, I've heard from several people who have spoken to Tom that he is out of the spring business.

If something has changed and you can get them that would be great, I've only ever heard great reviews on hellcreek springs.

I wonder who makes them for him.

That is a good price on that kit.. you could maybe use shorter shackle to drop and inch off the lift?

there is a spring listed on Comancheclub that may be perfect . link below. looks to provide up to 3" lift for some and it a hd spring with military wrap . nice

http://www.generalspringkc.com/product_p/gsc-571.htm

Looking for a MJ specific lift kit with full spring packs.... Seems like all I can find is this:

http://www.rustysoffroad.com/jeep-s...s/rustys-mj-comanche-4-5-spring-pack-kit.html

Anyone else know of another one or a 3" with full packs? Don't say just go spring over bc I don't want to do that. I'm going to be building this for my boys and me to share. I don't want my teenage twins to have a wildly build MJ to destroy. That is what my jeep is for.

Glenn, We are running the Hell Creek 2"AAL's and 2 years later we still have a full 2" out of them. Great springs.

For a MJ, Hell Creek all the way!

OK thanks guys. I'm still working on where I want this MJ for us to share. I think it will be predominately driven by Glenn. However he is in love with the new Limited I got...

I have a set of hell creek AAL's if your interested. Not enough lift for me so I went bastard. Pm me if interested.

Is that 2wd springs? Any details on what you did? Which springs you used where?

nope, warn out 4wd springs. this is the pack:

MJ main
f150 main
f150 2nd
f150 3rd
MJ 3rd

i forget the exact year of F150 but it was a 90s truck. if you dont want to cut the eyes off the F150 main leaf you can do this combo, it sat maybe a half an inch lower than what you see:

MJ main
MJ 2nd
f150 2nd
f150 3rd
MJ 3rd

even though this bastard pack works well for me, i do plan to have a set of custom deavers made eventually

hellcreek

for the love of god, do not buy from rustys.
The leafs are fine. I'm running them and have been for nearly two years now.

The bushings that came in the leafs? total junk.

The rest of the lift kit? I don't have it (my lift is a combination of a billion brands) and won't pass judgement on it... unless it's as crummy as the track bar is.

nope, warn out 4wd springs. this is the pack:

MJ main
f150 main
f150 2nd
f150 3rd
MJ 3rd

i forget the exact year of F150 but it was a 90s truck. if you don't want to cut the eyes off the F150 main leaf you can do this combo, it sat maybe a half an inch lower than what you see:

MJ main
MJ 2nd
f150 2nd
f150 3rd
MJ 3rd

even though this bastard pack works well for me, i do plan to have a set of custom deavers made eventually

4WD F150's have a 3" wide rear leaf spring the 2WD has the 2.5" one unless the much later model Fords got a narrower spring. The MJ is 2.5" or is it wider? I guess I could go look at my MJ. LOL!

Just called Hell Creek and talked to Tom. They closed their spring plant and have their plans out for pricing. Looking for a builder from what I can tell. He said they should be back available in a month or so.

Back