• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dumbest question of all time lol

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
How/where are the screws/clips that hold the door panel on a 97 4 door Cherokee? Did google search looking for pics and most if not all are archived and no pics lol passenger door of mine has no screws holding the door handle or the arm rest but its still on strong and I havent a clue if there are hidden screws or where the clips are located so I know where to pry carefully lol anyone have pics of where the clips/screws are all at? Trying to swap speakers and I don't want to bust something on accident

Ah! Lol how do I take this off?
u6uhyvat.jpg

Realized most have electric windows, I don't lol

There is a small clip that holds it on. Push that black piece in towards the door and you should be able to see a gold clip (kinda something between a c clip and e-clip). Push it off with a small flat bladed screwdriver. If you happen to have a screw driver with a slight bend to it from (mis)use I've found that can make it a little easier.

Edit to add: There are clips all the way around the edge of the door, I find them by gently prying the door card up at one corner and just working my way around. The non-power doors just have one big screw in the arm rest, one small one in the little pocket that your hand fits in to open/close it, and one in the door handle pocket. The power doors are similar but have two large screws in the arm rest.

Hope that helps, if you need pics of the hand crank I can snap some after dinner.

Last edited:
Ya I got them, greatly appreciated it. Had a friend take a look for those clips because I have a fat head and could see em lmao

Back