• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC lift question

dryad001

NAXJA Forum User
So I decided on a RC 3" lift. Now should I just get the regular lift without LCAs and get my own that are adjustable (UCA/LCA) to get the proper caster angle?

get the other kit with the lower control arms and the drop brackets for the front sway bar. did the cheap route with mine and ended up getting the rest later, at more cost, problem was with the lower control arms, not haveing enough room left between the axle mount and the arms for droop. also had to get the drop brackets for the swaybar to mount the bar without the links destroying the bushings

The girlfriend has got the 3" RC kit with just the coils and add a leaves and we have had no problems with it. Have taken it offroad and can flex it out just fine with out having different control arms or anything else. Rides pretty decent and handles good as well. Just my .02 on what works for us.

Idk if the kit has changed, but my first lift in 09 was the 3" kit with full leaf packs.

it didnt come with and control arms or track bar provisions at the time, and it worked great for me for about 2 years, when I wanted to go bigger. then I went long arms, and sold the kit.

if your going to sat at 3" forever then you could get the arms. but im kinda happy I didnt. factory arms are probably pretty cheap at the junk yard if they get bent up too bad

Back